Are you struggling with fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, and sagging skin? Are you looking for your outside to match how young you feel on the inside? The Lutronic Genius machine may be the exact treatment you’ve been searching for.
What is Genius?
The Lutronic Genius machine uses Intelligent radiofrequency (RF) and microneedling to help you achieve the youthful skin you’ve been dreaming of. If you’re struggling with the visible signs of aging, this is the treatment for you.
Who is a Good Candidate For Genius?
Anyone struggling with sagging skin, fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, and other visible signs of aging is a good candidate for Genius treatment. It works on men and women of all different skin types and skin tones.
As long as you don’t have a skin infection and aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding, you are a great candidate for this treatment.
The Treatment Process
Genius RF microneedling works by delivering thermal radiofrequency energy through tiny needles that puncture the top layer of the skin. Through this energy and the micro-injuries made, the body’s natural healing process is activated, and the collagen in the skin is stimulated.
By increasing collagen production, the treatment can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve your skin texture, and tighten and firm sagging or loose skin.
The system is called Genius because it actually senses the quality of your skin and adjusts the settings to give you the results you’re looking for.
Recovery and Results
In terms of recovery, you may notice some redness and swelling after treatment. It usually subsides within 24-36 hours, but it can take up to a week to fully resolve. That being said, there is no downtime. After treatment, you can go back to work or go home as soon as it’s done, and you can return to your normal routine.
You will likely see some results immediately, but noticeable results tend to show up 3-6 months after treatment. But, most patients need 2-3 treatment sessions to achieve the results they’re looking for. Your doctor will discuss when you can expect results based on your skin and your goals.
Pre-Treatment Patient Instructions
- On day of treatment, patients should thoroughly wash face and not apply any makeup, lotions, sunscreen or any other cosmetics to the skin of the treatment area prior to arriving at facility.
- Thoroughly clean the treatment area.
Post-Treatment Patient Instructions
- Immediately post treatment, clean the skin using a sterile saline soaked gauze and dry. Use an air cooler or towel wrapped ice pack to calm the skin down, if needed.
- An occlusive post-treatment ointment is not recommended.
- For cooling if needed, use a towel-wrapped ice pack and apply post treatment moisturizer per physician recommendations.
- Mild crusting might be noted 1-5 days following treatment. Crusts will disappear naturally in several days. Do not to pick at the crusts. Soaking skin in the shower for 10-15 minutes and rubbing very gently with a washcloth can help with sloughing.
- Patients should avoid harsh topical products or alcohol-based toners for two weeks. Otherwise, after 24 hours, patients can resume their normal skin care regimen or as directed by physician.
- Patients should avoid vigorous activity, excessive heat, or sun exposure for at least 1 week.
- Patients should avoid sun exposure for the first day and beginning on the second day, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunblock with an SPF of 30+ and PA++ according to the product manufacturer’s instructions. Until the skin returns to normal, when outdoors always use an umbrella, hat or other available protection against sunlight.
- Wait a minimum of 4 weeks for their next treatment and that 4-6 weeks is typical between treatments.
- Most patients achieve best results with 2-4 treatments.
Expected Skin Reactions and Results
- 1 day Post-Treatment: Redness and transient edema, skin begins to turn to a condition similar to before treatment.
- 3 days – 1 week Post-Treatment: Brighter skin tone and significant reduction in sebum secretion in oily skin types.
- 1 month Post-Treatment: Improvement of fine wrinkles and skin laxity.
- 1-3 months Post-Treatment: Continuous improvement of fine wrinkles, pores size, scars and skin laxity.
- Common expected skin reactions include erythema (redness), edema (swelling), transient pin-point bleeding, and very slight discomfort after treatment. Pin-point bleeding should stop within minutes after application, discomfort within a few hours and erythema and edema gradually diminishes to normal in 1 to 3 days.
- Crusting begins to appear 1 – 2 days after treatment and sloughs off in 3 – 5 days.
- Other skin reactions include irritation, itching, and burning sensation. These typically subside in a few hours to 1 day, but may get aggravated with heat or sweating.
To learn more about Genius treatment or to schedule a consultation at New Image Plastic Surgery today, please call our San Antonio, TX office at (210) 988-9819.